It is essential that all information collected is accurate and complete. Each data element listed below is not required, but the more data available, the more robust the analysis and output that will be delivered to your company. For each data due date, a data export is required.
A minimum valid record will have a ‘UnitID’, ‘UnitZipCode’, ‘EmployeeID’, ‘PositionID’ and ‘EmployeeDOB’ for the data export. The only exception to this rule is for the Multi Unit Manager/Area Director position, in which case no Unit ID is necessary since these positions have responsibility over multiple locations.
A “Payroll” data export is requested for either each month (12 exports per year) or each of your company’s pay periods (24, 26 or 52 per year). Each record in this export should correspond to one active unit level employee or unit level employee currently on payroll in your system.
Please include all active employees for the reporting period, even if their pay for that period is zero. Employees who were terminated during the period should have their status indicated in the ‘EmployeeHRStatus’ and ‘TermDate’ fields.
- UnitID: A unique and consistent identifier for any unit that is in operation
- UnitAddress1: Street address of the unit
- UnitAddress2: 2nd address line if needed
- UnitCity: City of the unit
- UnitState: State of the unit
- UnitZipCode: 5 or 9 digit postal code of the unit
- EmployeeID: A unique and consistent identifier for the employee
- PositionID: The position code or identifier of the employee’s position; if the employee has more than one position during a pay period, please select the position where the majority of the time was spent or the last position worked.
- EmployeeZipCode: 5 or 9 digit postal code of the employee’s residence or mailing address
- EmployeeGender: A code or identifier for the gender of the employee
- EmployeeRace: A code or identifier with the race/ethnicity of the employee
- EmployeeDOB: Date of birth of the employee. Please provide in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy
- EmployeeType: A code indicating whether the employee is salaried or paid by the hour
- EmployeeStatusDate: The most current date of hire (should be the re-hire date if greater than the original hire date)
- EmployeeGrossPay: Wages earned during the period before disbursements (taxes, insurance, 401(k), etc.) This should EXCLUDE any bonus values or any variable pay.
- EmployeeAnnualSalary: Annual salary paid before disbursements (taxes, insurance, 401(k), etc.).
- EmployeeGrossBonus: Bonus earned during the period before disbursements (taxes, insurance, 401(k), etc.)
- EmployeeHoursWorked: Hours worked during the period
- EmployeeEducation: A code or identifier of the highest educational achievement of the employee
- EmployeeSource: A code or identifier for the method by which the employee was originally recruited/hired for a position at your company (referral, rehire, seasonal employee, hosted events, social media, traditional advertising, etc.)
- EmployeeRating: A code or identifier for the rating/grade received on the employee’s most recent performance review
- TermDate: The date the employee was terminated if applicable
- EmployeeHRStatus: A code or identifier that shows whether the employee is an active employee, on a leave of absence or short term disability, inactive or terminated
- HourlyPayRate: The pay rate for employees who are paid out hourly