Companies use the same methodology used internally to count their number of guests when submitting data to BBI. Traffic can be reported by guest count or transaction count as long as it's submitted in a consistent manner. For Quick Service or Fast Casual concepts a transaction count is valid. Since companies report this information consistently over time, the PPA growth will provide a steady benchmark across all segments.
Articles in this section
- Can I benchmark my performance against other industry segments besides my own?
- How does Black Box define a comp unit?
- What is a DMA?
- How do you track traffic?
- What is Black Box Intelligence?
- Why do I see benchmark N/As?
- 2017 Reporting Schedule
- What are BBI Daypart Definitions?
- When are new companies added to the benchmarks?
- How does Black Box define a segment?