There are several new filtering options available in White Box 2.0. The menus and filters were created with member feedback and designed to mirror the Black Box Intelligence web platform. The website dashboards can be customized in several ways:
(1) Data Sources
White Box defaults to showing total mentions. This is a count of the total posts, comments, reviews, tweets, surveys, etc. collected in a data category.
- Mentions - View the total number of mentions collected by White Box in a category
- Reach & Likes - View the total reach of those mentions (Twitter) + Likes of those mentions (Facebook)
White Box defaults to showing only comments made by guest. This is a count of only "User Generated" social and review site data. This allows you to truly understand what consumers are saying about your restaurant brand, while filtering out your brand's marketing and advertising from the website dashboards.
- Guest - View only user generated content
- Brand - View only brand generated content
- All - View both user and brand generated content
White Box defaults to showing both original posts and re-tweets. This means that a Tweet shared about your brand numerous times - is counted in our data each time that it is shared. Ex. If a guest posts "Great burger at Shake Shack!" and it is re-tweeted 4 times, White Box will default to counting all 5 times that the Tweet was posted resulting in 5 total positive food mentions. The addition of re-tweets applies only to Twitter. For all other platforms, only original content is shown.
- Original and Retweet - View both original posts and re-tweets
- Original - Exclude re-tweets from your counts and view only original content
White Box defaults to showing mentions from all data sources. You have the option to select a particular data source for more granular analysis. Available data sources include:
- Facebook Reviews
- Facebook Posts
White Box defaults to showing mentions of all sentiments. You have the option to select mentions that are only:
White Box defaults to showing mentions for the past 30 days compared to the 30 days prior. You have the option to select other time frames including:
- Past 30 days - most recent 30 days
- Week - view BBI week ending dates
- Month - view data by calendar month
- Quarter - view data by calendar quarter
- Year - view data by calendar year
- Custom - select a custom date range, based upon your unique needs
Comparisons default to the previous 30 days, previous week, previous month, previous quarter, or previous year. You also have the option to select year-over-year comparisons.
White Box defaults to showing mentions for all restaurant units. You have the option to select only specific locations. You can filter by:
These location filtering options are also searchable. For example, to search for a particular DMA, click "All DMAs" then enter the city you are looking for in the search box.